- Be part of GFIA’s contingent when representing Gibraltar at recognised international conferences such as GAIM, Fonds, and Invest.
- The ability to influence industry topics and express your opinion to professional bodies.
- Gain access to the latest member’s research, discussion papers, articles and news.
- Be part of consultations/discussions that help shape the industry.
- Network with fellow professionals and the ability to exchange ideas with them on a regular basis.
Gibraltar presents a unique offering to funds and their managers:
- Established EU Jurisdiction for a wide range of investment funds
- Well developed fund regime, including UCITS, Experienced Investor Funds and private funds
- Unique offering for asset managers, combining quality of life with fiscal and legislative stability
- High regulatory standards, combined with an approachable environment for fund managers, service providers and the regulator
- Specialist European master feeder fund solutions
- Professional and internationally recognized fund and investment expertise
The Gibraltar Funds & Investments Association (GFIA) is the association representing the interests of the funds and investments sector in Gibraltar. This includes the interests of investment managers, investment dealers, banks, brokers, fund administrators and fund directors. GFIA’s objective is to develop and maintain Gibraltar as a specialized investments jurisdiction of choice within Europe, and to promote the awareness of Gibraltar as one of Europe's premier financial centres. We promote this through regular dialogue with our members and cooperation with local government and regulatory bodies.
GFIA operates through 3 sub-committees which are managed by the Executive Committee. The 3 sub committees are:
Gibraltar is a British overseas territory that was ceded to the United Kingdom under the treaty of Utrecht in 1713. Gibraltar is a peninsula adjoined to Southern Spain and can be accessed by foot, car, aircraft and boat. It is approximately 6.8 square kilometres in size and has a population of 30,000 people. The official language is English, but Spanish is widely spoken.
Gibraltar is self-governing with parliamentary elections held every 4 years. The elected parliament assumes responsibility for all aspects of running the territory including taxation, education, health and policing. Gibraltar is self financing and the United Kingdom’s remit is limited to defence and foreign policy.
ADM Investor Services International
19 & 21 Watergardens 3
Phone: +350 200 63690
On October 22, 2013, members of the Gibraltar Funds & Investments Association held an event in London at Merchant Taylors Hall which included presentations by the Minister responsible for Financial Services, Hon. Albert Isolas, GFIA's Chairman, James Lasry and GFIA Executive Committee member, Jon Tricker.
James Lasry - Chairman of GFIA
Jon Tricker - GFIA Executive Committee Member