Advantages of Becoming a Member
Be part of GFIA’s contingent when representing Gibraltar at recognised international conferences such as GAIM, Fonds, and Invest.
- The ability to influence industry topics and express your opinion to professional bodies.
- Gain access to the latest member’s research, discussion papers, articles and news.
- Be part of consultations/discussions that help shape the industry.
- Network with fellow professionals and the ability to exchange ideas with them on a regular basis.
- Gibraltar presents a unique offering to funds and their managers:
- Established EU Jurisdiction for a wide range of investment funds
- Well developed fund regime, including UCITS, Experienced Investor Funds and private funds
- Unique offering for asset managers, combining quality of life with fiscal and legislative stability
- High regulatory standards, combined with an approachable environment for fund managers, service providers and the regulator
- Specialist European master feeder fund solutions
- Professional and internationally recognised fund and investment expertise
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory located on the southern end of the Iberian Peninsula at the entrance of the Mediterranean. It is a self-governing and self-financing parliamentary democracy within the European Union and the only British jurisdiction in continental Europe. Gibraltar has an area of approximately 6.8 square kilometres and shares its northern border with the Province of Cádiz in Andalusia, Spain. The Rock of Gibraltar is the major landmark of the region. At its foot is a densely populated city area, home to 30,000 Gibraltarians and other nationalities. The official language is English but Spanish is also widely spoken. Gibraltar is economically prosperous with a highly diversified economy including financial services, e-gaming, shipping and tourism.